Riboli Family Wines
Riboli Family Wines of San Antonio Winery named American Winery of 2018 by wine enthusiasts is seeking a District Manager to join our team in the Arizona/Utah territory. This is an ideal position for a candidate with a naturally happy disposition and a team player who is enthusiastic, dedicated to the craft, and can provide exceptional customer service. The ideal candidate will leverage experience, passion, history, philanthropy, and culture to cultivate relationships with our guests.
Family-owned for four generations, Riboli Family of San Antonio Winery is a fixture in the global wine business, producing wines from various prestigious California regions.
The District Manager is responsible for managing and developing the full Riboli Family Wine portfolio across all channels of trade in Arizona and Utah; to include education, training, distributor management and sales personnel. Responsible for field activity with work-with’s and direct interaction with Off-Premise and On-Premise customers to drive new placements and promotions across the Riboli Family Wine portfolio of wines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES – Current duties may be changed if job requires and/or additional duties may be assigned if necessary.
- Responsible for directing distributor On and Off-premise management to achieve established goals
- Manage execution and compliance for the On and Off-premise channels of trade (chain & independents).
- Able to target and influence key customers within the On and Off-premise channel
- Able to assist the Regional Manager within that state in presenting programming and planning to distributor management & salespersons to assist them in the development the Riboli Family Wine portfolio of wines.
- Must be able to provide local market needs/tools to assist in the planning/programming by their Regional Manager or Division VP.
- Implementation of the Riboli Family Wines On and Off-premise core SKU’s/brand’s in field.
- Conduct/Participate in monthly, quarterly and annual formal business planning meetings with key personnel at Distributor level to track progress versus plan and adapt accordingly.
- Submit weekly recaps to Riboli management
- Circulate/Communicate weekly “Flash Report” update to key distributor personnel
- Complete and distribute monthly recaps to Distributors to ensure that tertile distribution & volume plans plans are on track.
- Able to conduct general sales meetings, wine tasting and educational classes to inform distributor management and salespersons about the Riboli Family Wine portfolio.
- Working in the market with distributor personnel to stay in tune with market conditions and trends and to assist in the placement of Riboli Family Wines
- To report all findings of market conditions and trends to supervisor (District Manager or Regional Manager).
- Able to conduct wine dinners, wine tasting and wine seminars with the ability to expound on any wine from the Riboli Family Wine portfolio and knowledge of all wines in general
- Consistently work to add value to the Wholesaler in helping them meet their business needs with the prime objective to become their preferred supplier
- Able to work within key budget guidelines set forth by Riboli management
- Must be able to conform to working conditions to meet the demands of the market. This may include working evenings and weekends
- Travel as necessary to meet job responsibilities as outlined herein
- Work with top and middle management of wholesaler to identify problems and create solutions pertaining to Riboli Family Wines portfolio
- Job execution will break into following components: 60 % time in the Field (on own, with wholesaler reps or Riboli management), 20 % time on Wholesaler concentration (in market or conducting sales meetings / planning meetings), 20 % time on Administrative, Pre-planning and Follow up
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE and SKILLS
- A four-year college degree and/or equivalent work experience enabling the incumbent to perform job responsibilities as required. (Equivalent work experience could include supplier, distributor sales or wine industry management jobs).
- Minimum of 5+ years in the beverage alcohol industry with multiple years of sales experience.
- Good written communication skills. Incumbent must possess the ability to develop and provide all necessary written reports, correspondence and presentations necessary to satisfy job requirements
- Good oral communication and interpersonal skills. Incumbent must have the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Incumbent must articulate in a professional and personable manner in order to be a strong leader and partner to Riboli Customers and Trade
- Ability to have fluent knowledge of PC, working within Microsoft Office – Word, PowerPoint, Excel and any other company software is critical to the success of this position
- Mathematical skills; must have the ability to calculate and interpret financial data that is used to manager everyday business
- For certain markets multi-language skills are/may be required or would be a plus, i.e. Italian or Spanish (if required this will be identified during the recruitment process)
- Interpretive skills; must possess the ability to define problems, establish facts and collect data to interpret issues, draw valid conclusions from the data and recommend solutions to the each business problem. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of statistical information.
The physical demands described here are representative of those required by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, this role will regularly be required to use their hands and eyes for PC use; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. This role is required to stand; sit; stoop, kneel, crouch; see, taste and smell wine products in particular. The incumbent must be aware that the job involves distribution of alcohol beverages and recognizes that the company in no way encourages excessive or unnecessary drinking of alcoholic beverages while exercising the duties of this job. This role will occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds at a time, the approximate weight of a case of wine.
- Current valid driver’s license
- Overnight travel as required and must be able to meet minimum requirement travel schedule for assigned territories
- Prepare and present training meetings with wholesalers
- Prepare and present training meetings with retailers
- Good time management skills
- No DWI offenses
- No illegal drug use
- Certain positions require residence in specific areas (if required this will be identified during recruitment process or during the course of employment).
- Must use for business a clean, late model, presentable and fully operational 4 door vehicle that reflects professionalism (company auto allowance provided).
- Employee must comply with all federal, state and local laws and regulations which govern the alcoholic beverage industry and maintain at all times the highest ethical business standards and fiduciary duty on behalf of the company and its customers.
BENEFITS FOR FULL TIME POSITIONS INCLUDE:
- Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Vehicle Compensation
- Phone allowance
- 30% Discount on Riboli Family Wines
- 10% Discount on gift items and baskets sold in the gift shop
At Riboli Family Wines, we are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer and we are committed to an environment of mutual respect, diversity, and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.
The information provided in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents within this job. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications, and working conditions required of employees assigned to this job. Management has sole discretion to add or modify duties of the job and to designate other functions as essential at any time. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract.