Riboli Family Wines
Build your career at Riboli Family Wines! RFW is one of the fastest-growing wine manufacturers in the U.S. and has received the designation of American Winery of the Year. We are a family-owned business, four generations deep, with 100+ years of producing well-known wines. The company’s leading wine brands include Stella Rosa, San Antonio, San Simeon, Maddalena, and Highlands 41.
Riboli Family Wines is seeking Regional Manager for our Florida market. Responsible for directing, communicating, motivating, organizing, and controlling the execution of Riboli Family Wine company goals through the assigned personnel to achieve optimum sales across the Riboli portfolio. Responsible for communicating to Division Vice-President the status and needs of District Managers, Area Managers, and Trade Customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES – Current duties may be changed if the job requires and/or additional duties may be assigned if necessary.
- Responsible for managing the Riboli Family Wine portfolio of products within designated markets including Riboli managers, distributors, and the trade.
- Responsible for executing the depletion, POD and revenue plan for assigned designated markets.
- Develops and motivates Riboli managers, manages performance and focuses sales team on selling brands to market potential.
- Responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating all sales efforts in specified markets.
- Manages distributors to achieve pricing targets and pricing patterns that support depletions and program periods in their respective markets.
- Responsible for accurately completing all state pricing filings within timelines outlined by each market.
- Accountable for meeting annual depletion, POD and revenue plan; and for managing and allocating trade spending and total sales expense. This included field brand budgets and distributor local marketing funds (LMF’s) or other distributor banks that may exist.
- Take active role in assessing Riboli managers and distributor performance, including addressing poor performance issues.
- Manage and develop Riboli managers and wholesalers’ capabilities to adopt and implement Riboli Family Wine brand strategies and objectives through effective execution of the Riboli “Sales Process”. This includes an active role in building monthly, quarterly, and annual business plans by market.
- Ensure that Riboli’s key distributors are managing Riboli’s brand strategies to the trade.
- Call on retail, on premise, and chain accounts in conjunction with the distributor or Riboli manager.
- Possess thorough knowledge of products, wine industry, competitive brands, and markets.
- Cultivate cross department relationships within the company, especially between sales, marketing, finance, and logistics, to carry out Riboli Family Wine brand strategies. Adherence to executive directions from senior leadership/ownership is a critical part of the job.
- Exercise appropriate behavior with Riboli brands and agency brands, always representing these brands in the best and most professional manner.
- Exercise the highest level of fiduciary duty to the company in all financial matters including budgets, promotional spending, and every aspect of the Company’s business. Job execution will break into the following components: 20 % of time spent planning, organizing, directing, and controlling execution. 60 % of time spent with Riboli and Distributor managers and the trade. 20 % administrative, preplanning, and follow up.
- Each of these areas may require working evening hours and weekends when necessary to accomplish the outlined objective.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE and SKILLS
- A four-year college degree and/or equivalent work experience enabling the incumbent to perform job responsibilities as required. (Equivalent work experience could include supplier, distributor sales or wine industry management jobs)
- Minimum of 7+ years in the beverage alcohol industry with multiple years of sales management experience.
- Good written communication skills. Incumbent must possess the ability to develop and provide all necessary written reports, correspondence, and presentations necessary to satisfy job requirements.
- Good oral communication and interpersonal skills. Incumbents must have the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public. Incumbents must articulate in a professional and personable manner.
- Ability to have fluent knowledge of PC, working within Microsoft Office – Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and any other company software is critical to the success of this position.
- Mathematical skills: Incumbent must have the ability to calculate and interpret financial data.
- For certain markets multi-language skills are required or would be a plus, i.e., Italian, or Spanish (if required this will be identified during the recruitment process).
- Interpretive skills: Incumbent must possess the ability to define problems, establish facts and collect data to interpret issues, draw valid conclusions from the data and recommend solutions to the business problem. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of statistical information.
While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to use their hands and eyes for PC use; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The incumbent is required to stand; sit; stoop, kneel, crouch; see, taste and smell wine products. The incumbent must be aware that the job involves distribution of alcohol beverages and recognizes that the company in no way encourages excessive or unnecessary drinking of alcoholic beverages while exercising the duties of this job. The incumbent must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds at a time, the approximate weight of a case of wine.
- Candidate must reside in Central or Southern Florida
- Current valid driver’s license
- Overnight travel as required and must be able to meet minimum requirement travel schedule for assigned territories.
- Prepare and present training meetings with wholesalers.
- Prepare and present training meetings with retailers.
- Good time management skills
- No DWI offenses
- No illegal drug use.
- Certain positions require residence in specific areas (if required this will be identified during the recruitment process or during employment).
- Must use for business a clean, newer model, presentable and fully operational 4 door vehicle that reflects professionalism (company auto allowance provided).
- Employees must comply with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations which govern the alcoholic beverage industry and maintain at all times the highest ethical business standards and fiduciary duty on behalf of the company and its customers.
At Riboli Family Wines, we are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer and we are committed to an environment of mutual respect, diversity, and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.
The information provided in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents within this job. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and working conditions required of employees assigned to this job. Management has sole discretion to add or modify duties of the job and to designate other functions as essential at any time. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract.